Sunday, December 9, 2012

I'm still here!

Hello my friends!  Sorry if it seems I have been ignoring you lately.  Just been busy and haven't had much crafting time!  I did manage to get a couple of swaps done recently though and am going to share the projects from them with you today!
The first one was a Secret Santa Swap on the cricut message board.  My person to secretly send to was Armywife25.  Along with some store bought goodies off of her wishlist, I also sent her a little 5x7 countdown to Christms chalkboard:
 
Santa and his sleigh, as well as the letters, are cut out on the Cricut, the buttons and ribbon are from my stash, and I made the little felt stocking by hand, and used it to hold the chalk!
 
I also sent her this winter wreath that I made.  When DeniseB. came down to my crop in October she was making a halloween one like this and it turned out soooo cute!  My DIL, Jessica, and I decided then that we would have to try them for Christmas or winter!  This one is actually a smaller version, because it would of taken a pretty big box to mail the bigger one!  I also thought she might have more chances of a smaller place to hang one!  The frame for it I got at JoAnn's, and then used blue tulle, tied onto the frame.  Wish they would of had a lighter shade of blue, but this one worked!  I made the snowman face freehand, and the snowflakes are cut from glittery paper using CheeryLynn Designs snowflake dies.
I see the W has slipped a little, hope it didn't ship to her that way!  The letters were cut on the Cricut.
I also made a card for her.  I used stamps from the Magnolia Christmas 2012 collection for it, and paper from my stash.  Copic markers to color, as that is my 'crayon' of choice!
The snowflakes don't show up very good on the left side but I used a punch for them.  Words are a rub on from my stash, and I also used plenty of stickles!!  here is a pic showing how I used pop dots too!  Gives it some dimension!
I hope Amanda enjoyed her stuff I made as well as the goodies I sent her to play with!
I also was in the Christmas Magnolia Swap, hosted by Scrappichic.  (she is such a good swap hostess!) My partner this month was Evelyn and since it was an 'anything ' goes round, I chose to make her a winter frame. 
Everything I used on this was from my stash (yes, I do have a LOT of stuff in my stash! and again I used plenty of stickles!  I just don't think I can do snow anymore without stickles!!  Even the chipboard snowflakes have been stickled!  Coloring was done with copic markers, frame was bought at Walmart.  My cardstock to color on it Xpress-it, which is the best I have found to use with copic markers.  Here are some close-ups of the Tilda's:


That is what I have been up to lately!  It is already Dec 9 and I don't even have my Christmas tree up yet!  Where is the time flying to so fast?  I think if this rain would turn to snow it would help a lot!  Hope your Christmas preparations are going well and that you are taking time to enjoy the season of joy!
Stop back by soon,and Happy Craftin!
Janice

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment