Monday, April 1, 2013

Grandma/CTMH Frame

Hello!  Welcome to my blog today!  Thanks for stopping in, I hope you take the time to browse around and please, feed my fish!
Today I am showing you a frame I did.   I used the Close To My Heart My Creations Bracket Frame (HERE).  I have had this for a while and just didn't know what I wanted to do with it, but a few days ago I decided it was the perfect place to put a picture of my Grandmother!  I wanted a vintage look with the picture, so  I chose the Scholastic Paper Packet (HERE).    I think it was a perfect choice!  The solid cardstock is COCOA.  I used modge podge to adhere the paper to the frame.  For everything else I used Liquid Glass and my Tombow runner.  I used CHOCOLATE ink for inking my edges on the mats and tag.


The frame is kind of like a shadow box.  Maybe you can get an idea of that from this picture:
 
The trim around the frame is our Colonial White Rosette Ribbon (HERE).  Another perfect thing for my vintage look!  I have layered it on top of the Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon (HERE) that I colored with my Chocolate ink pad (easy peasy!).  It made the Rosette Ribbon POP a little more doing it over the darker ribbon. 
I made the tag with more paper from the same Scholastic paper packet, inking around the edges and sanding them a little bit.  The smaller tag will pull out, revealing my grandmother's name!  I used the LOVE DOILY stamp (HERE) which I heat embossed with our embossing powder.  (Love doing that with this doily stamp!)  The flower I handmade using yet another paper from the Scholastic paper pack.  The SPARKLES FLOURISH (HERE) I colored with a brown copic marker.  Those can easily be colored any color with an alcohol marker!
That's it for today.  Thanks again for stopping in, and I hope you come back again soon!
If you see any products here you would like for yourself, they can be ordered on my website:
www.scrappinwithj.ctmh.com
Happy Craftin!
Janice
 

No comments:

Post a Comment